OVERVIEW OF APPLE IPHONE XS MAX
The iPhone XS Max is a speed-bumped version of last year’s iPhone X, it has a 6.5-inch edge-to-edge super-retina OLED display, the same dimensions as last year’s iPhone X. It is manufactured from surgical grade stainless steel. The glass is, according to Apple, the most durable glass used on smartphones. The iPhone XS Max offers a new processor for faster performance, storage space up to 64GB
The XS Max features an improved dual-camera system, with true-tone flash and new sensors with “bigger, deeper pixels” for better Portrait mode photos, Schiller said. The front-facing camera is twice as fast and works with a dot projector to create depth in photography and enable FaceID, the facial recognition system used to unlock the phone.
iPhone XS Max on the inside features A12 Bionic has two performance cores that reportedly deliver 15 percent faster performance while consuming 40 percent less power than the A11. Four efficiency cores further optimize power consumption. Games should play better, too, thanks to a 50 percent boost in speed with the A12’s new GPU, and a neural engine ups the number of operations your iPhone can pull off per second.
The Apple iPhone XS Max also comes with water resistance up to IP68. According to Schiller, the phone will offer 30 extra minutes of battery life compare to its predecessor. Compare to its younger sibling XS the XS Max comes with a capacity of 3174 mAh Non-removable Li-Ion battery
APPLE IPHONE XS MAX SPECS
- Body: Stainless steel frame, reinforced glass front, and rear, IP68 certified for water and dust resistance. Space Gray, Gold and Silver color options.
- Screen: 6.5″ bezel-less OLED screen of 1242 x 2688 px resolution, 458ppi. HDR video support, wide color gamut. True Tone adjustment via a six-channel ambient light sensor, 3D Touch.
- OS: Apple iOS 12
- Chipset: Apple A12 Bionic chip (7nm) – Hexa-core 2.49GHz (2x Vortex + 4x Tempest) Apple CPU, four-core Apple GPU, 4-core Apple NPU 2-gen
- Memory: 4GB of RAM;256GB of internal storage (non-expandable)
- Camera: Dual 12MP camera: wide-angle F/1.8 with OIS + telephoto F/2.4 with OIS, live bokeh effects (including Portrait mode and Portrait Lightning, adjustable blur), 2x lossless zoom, quad-LED flash with slow sync, phase detection auto focus, wide color gamut capture
- Video recording: 2160p@60/30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps video recording with wider dynamic range
- Selfie: 7MP F/2.2 front-facing camera with BSI sensor and HDR mode, 1080p@30/60fps video, digital video stabilization, depth detection for Portrait mode and animoji
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G LTE (1 Gbps); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 5.0; Lightning port; GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS; NFC (Apple, NFC tag reading)
- Battery: 3,174 mAh battery, wireless charging (Qi compatible)
- Misc: Face ID through dedicated TrueDepth camera, stereo speakers, Taptic Engine